On Sunday my bestie and I had the BEST time at the Sephora VIB Rouge exclusive event in London, Ontario!
This is the first event that Sephora have done of its kind - and I understand that many events were full to capacity. Thankfully when I received the e-mail invitation a week prior I RSVP'ed right away so that our names were on the list! The event was on Sunday, March 30, 9 - 11am. It was a closed door event so you had to be on the list. The rest of the mall was closed at the time.
When we arrived, we were greeted, checked off the list, and given the "lay of the land". There were snacks (muffins, pastries), coffee, bottled water (cute labeled VIB Rouge mini bottles) all ready to go. We were given a shopping basket as well as a beautiful Sephora tote bag to stash all our freebies.
The store had several "stations" organized where you could try some products and get some freebies!
This lovely lady was the rep for Dior and we spent quite a bit of time with her, being big Dior fans! We both had makeup applications and tried out the BB Cream (LOVE!) as well as some eyeshadow and lipsticks and eyeshadow primer.
Here I am having my eyeshadow done in a gorgeous colour called "Velvet" (it's next on my list!). I really loved how she did my eyeshadow.
I also had my colour IQ done again since my skin colour has definitely darkened coming back from Mexico. None of my foundations have been working out these past few weeks. I know - first world problems, right? Anyway - I got some samples of a few new foundations to try so that was fantastic. Most excited about the Dior BB Cream which was gorgeous! Also finally going to try some NARS radiant finish which I've been anxious to get my hands on.
I had a lovely hand massage and cuticle treatment done with the Dior apricot cuticle care. I also got a demo of the Clarisonic Opal. I have a Clarisonic Mia and love it - I've used it daily for 2 years. This was the first time I'd seen the Opal. It's interesting - a tool to help penetrate your eye creams and serums. But $200? Ouch!
I saw one of the girls trying out some concealer on Andrea, so of course I needed to investigate this! Turns out it was the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. It was fantastic coverage for spots and imperfections! After I had it demo'ed on my face, I picked that up for sure!
So here is my full haul. I felt like a kid in a candy store! I went in with a sort-of-list in mind (really just a new Beauty Blender and solid cleanser - and the NARS Laguna bronzer). I was pretty good, I think and stuck to my plan for the most part. I was really thrilled to get some new foundation samples - and super pumped to get three packs of Ole Henriksen Wipes!
When we went to the cash to check out, we were given our 15% discount (which was awesome!) and then told to pick out some more goodies from a bowl on the counter. SO exciting!
After checking out, we wound up spending some more time in store, talking to some more fabulous consultants and going back to pick up a few more things (a second shop!).
So here is my actual purchase:
- Caudalie Favourites Kit I wanted a new bottle of the Beauty Elixir - which is amazing! I've used 2 bottles already. Then I saw they had the favourites kit in stock and decided to go for this. I have been really liking Caudalie skincare products for my super sensitive skin.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-4 This was the concealer that we tried out and had just amazing coverage. I've had a lot of breakouts lately and always looking for new concealers. Laura Mercier is such a great brand - I figured I couldn't go wrong here.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush Amazingly, this is my first of their blushes! Not sure why I've held out so long, but super excited to have one. This was by far the best for my skin tone and I love the flush it gives me.
- NARS bronzing powder in Laguna This bronzer has been on my list for ages. I've gotten more into sculpting lately and this colour comes so highly recommended. When I swatched it, I loved the colour and it has just the right amount of shimmer.
- Beauty Blender. I think that my last sponge had something wrong with it. It just didn't absorb properly. So I'm going to give it another go. My first sponge was life changing. Hopefully this one will bring me back to that!
- Beauty Blender Solid Sponge Cleanser. This is my second. Honestly - BEST makeup brush cleaner EVER. I love this stuff. Cleans my brushes right back to brand new. Awesome.
And these are all the awesome goodies that were free samples! I am SO pleased that I got up early on a Sunday (especially when I am not feeling well - it was tough) to go to this event!